The social media space is ever evolving and we need someone that can keep up with all of it. Do you feel lost without your phone always at your fingertips? Are you dreaming in #hashtags? Are you questioning how other companies have handled their last social media crisis and wishing you could offer up your point of view? If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect addition to our happy Ant farm. The nuts and bolts to this job are below. Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to hear from you!
Social Media Digital Producer
THE SOCIAL MEDIA DIGITAL PRODUCER is the agency’s primary advisor on all social media channels, including social networks, content sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs and wikis. This person must demonstrate extensive social media experience. The social media digital producer actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc., and is well-connected with the broader social media world. The social media digital producer must be able to think strategically, but be willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves to help implement social media programs for agency clients.
The social media digital producer must be a storyteller, a tribe-builder, someone who knows how to connect with people in a real and genuine way and help them to be part of something big… and who also can change hats to be the agency’s social media data, numbers and analytics expert.
This person recommends social media channels appropriate for client marketing, and guides clients in adopting social media strategies. The social media digital producer coaches clients, and agency staff, in how to participate in the social media conversation to help grow customer-brand relationships.
The social media digital producer advises on and monitors the agency’s social media initiatives and participation, and works to grow agency staff participation in and understanding of social media as an agency self-promotion and engagement tool.
The social media digital producer should have experience, or be willing to acquire such experience, in as many of the following areas as possible: social media tools and techniques; traditional, new media, guerilla and “word of mouth” marketing; strategic planning; product marketing; press and analyst relations; business development; technology; operations; sales; financial and quantitative analysis, and project management.
Reports to the Account Director, Manager IPM Team.
• Creates comprehensive social media strategies, defining programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all client brands.
• Implements and manages social media programs.
• Experiments with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities (“marketing R&D”).
• Monitors social media trends, tools and applications, and appropriately applies knowledge to increasing client use of social media.
• Strategizes with and educates the client service team as well as clients on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all company products and services.
• Measures the impact of social media on overall marketing efforts including reports.
• Prepares or assists in client proposals, estimates, timelines, creative briefs, invoices, and marketing/media/public relations planning.
• Receives client briefings. Writes client contact reports and meeting notes for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel and clients. Quickly and accurately relays client change orders to the appropriate agency personnel.
• Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients. Supports other client service team members in same.
• Keeps apprised of clients’ products/services/marketing developments and industry related knowledge.
• Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, production art, and interactive demo materials, and coordinates client approval of same.
• Renews and grows existing client accounts.